1. China of today is not what it was thirty years ago.
2. "Isn't that Teddy Thomson out?"-"I think it's him, but I can't be a hundred percent sure."
3. "Oh, sir, he can't have said such a thing! He can't have spoken like that to you, sir!"
4. We must not wait for favors from Nature; we must take them from her.
5. I haven't finished the book yet. 6. Money could not buy happiness.
[注1] He is no fool. Great barkers are no biters.
句型2[主语+do(does, did)+ not+行为动词+其他]
1. Sorrow doesn't buy bread. 2. Pure gold does not dread fire.
3. "Why is Mr. Cooper so angry today?"-"I don't know why."
4. "They did not steal so much."-"I don't care how much." He said, "… A thief is a thief."
句型3[主语+ 行为动词+ no/not+宾语+其他]
1. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
2. Viola, hearing this, knew not how to behave, nor how to answer her.
3. I know not what course others may take, but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
4. We are fleet-winged men at arms; we fear not mountains high or rivers deep.
句型4[There be+ no/not/not any+主语(+状语)]
1. There was no well in the village at that time.
2. Oliver Twist was born in a workhouse… There were no aunts, no sisters, no cousins, no grand mothers.
3. There is not a moment to be lost. 4. There is no holding back the wheel of history
1. Who knows it? (=No one knows it.) Dare he do it? (=He dare not do it.)
2. God only knows! (=No one knows.) As if I would allow it! (= I would certainly not allow it.)
3. Catch me doing that!
4. If I do I am a villain. (=I will not do.) Do that again if you dare.
5. In Heaven, an angel is nobody in particular. They shun personal fame and gains.
6. The city and the areas around it are an ice-free port and a nuclear weapon-free zone. The building is in a state of neglect.
7. She stood still, trying winly (in vain) to answer the battery of questions raised by the reporters.
8. I dislike the idea very much. Mr. White has refrained from making any official comment on the coup in that country. Yesterday she failed to get to school on time. The evidence is conclusive, excluding all possibilities of doubt. They excluded children (from) getting in. We'll forever live up to what the party expects of us. Avoid operating the keys roughly. She was refused admittance by them.
9. Slips are scarcely avoidable when you're new to your work. He is ignorant of conditions at the levels. Our PLA is worthy of being called a great army pf the people.
10. The meetings were marked by such an absence of lively discussions that at times they were almost on the point of breaking up. Lei Feng's noble deeds are above all praise. To do this is beyond my ability. He is out of the office. (= He is not in the office.) Tom is away from Cambridge. (= Tom is not at Cambridge.) It is far from perfect. That served to strengthen instead of weaken our determination (or: That strengthened, rather than weakened, our determination.) The truth is quite other than what you think. I know better than to quarrel.
1. Not a soul was anywhere visible. 2. You must always remember not to become conceited.
3. The teacher told his pupils not to make such a mistake again.
4. I went to see him off, not to meet him. 5. We felt sorry for not coming on time
1. I don't think it is right to make such hasty decision. 2. I'm not feeling very well today.
3. I don't believe that he will come tomorrow.
4. You can't judge a thing only by its looks.
5. He's studying English now, but he doesn't speak English very well yet.
6. People did not shake off colonialist's yoke in order to put on hegemonist's yoke.
7. Don't think ill of me because I use her help. She gives it cheerfully as you see…
(1)The boys who are playing football are from Class One.
(2)Yesterday I helped an old man who lost his way.
(1) Mr. Liu is the person (whom) you talked about.
(3) The man who/whom you met just now is my friend.
(1) Football is a game which is liked by most boys. ( which 在句子中做主语)
(2) This is the pen (which) he bought yesterday. ( which 在句子中做宾语)
(5) The people that/who come to visit the city are all here. (在句子中做主语)
(6) Where is the man that/whom I saw this morning? (在句子中做宾语)
(1) He has a friend whose father is a doctor.
(2) I lived in a house whose roof has fallen in.
(3)The classroom whose door is broken will soon be repaired.
=The classroom the door of which is broken will soon be repaired.
(5)Do you like the book whose color is yellow?
=Do you like the book the color of which is yellow?
That有时可以代替关系副词 when, where 或者why引导定语从句表示时间.地点或原因，在 that引导的这种定语从句中，that也可以省去。
1) This is the article written by him that Is poke to you about.
2) He was the only person in this country who was invited.
(1)as多与such 或the same连用，可以代替先行词是人或物的名词。
The elephant's nose is like a snake, as anybody can see.
(3)the same… that与 the same …as在意思上是不同的。
(1) As is expected, the England team won the football match.
(2) The earth runs around the sun, as is known by everyone.
(错)The tree, that is four hundred years old, Is very famous here.
We depend on the land from which we get our food.
We depend on the land that/which we get our food from.
(a) 在there be 句型中，只用that，不用which。
(b) 在不定代词，如：anything, nothing, the one, all等作先行词时，只用that，不用which。
(c) 先行词有the only, the very,the same,the last,just修饰时，只用that。
(h)先行词是the way或the reason时，that可作关系副词，也可省略
(i) 主句的主语是疑问词who /which时