1. The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase peoples efficiency so that everyone has more leisure time.
2. Money spent on research is almost always a good investment， even when the results of that research are controversial.
3. Humanity has made little real progress over the past century or so. Technological innovations have taken place， but the overall condition of humanity is no better. War， violence， and poverty are still with us. Technology cannot change the condition of humanity.
4. When research priorities are being set for science， education， or any other area， the most important question to consider is ： How many peoples lives will be improved if the results are successful.
5. The function of science is to reassure; the purpose of arts is to upset. Therein lies the value of each.
6. Technology creates more problems than it solves， and may threaten or damage the quality of life.
7. Most important discoveries or creations are accidental： it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.