双语伊索寓言:猴子王The Monkey King

发布时间:2017-08-01 编辑:tyl

  All the animals are gathered in the forest. There is going to be a dance contest to pick the king.

  一天森林里所有的动物都聚集在一起。他们想通过一场跳舞比赛来挑选‘森林之王’。

  Fox: Everyone gets a chance to dance. The best dancer will become the king.

  狐狸:每个人都有跳舞的机会,谁的舞跳得最好,谁就可以当上‘森林之王’。

  Rabbit: Who will be the judge?

  兔子:谁来做裁判呢?

  Fox: All of us, of course. We will pick the best dancer.

  狐狸:当然使我们大家啦。我们要选出跳舞跳得最好的动物。

  Bear: That sounds interesting. I hope I get picked. I want to become the king.

  熊:听上去蛮有意思的。我希望我能被选上。我想当‘森林之王’。

  Rabbit: Not a chance! You’re a terrible dancer. I saw you dance before. Forget it.

  兔子:别做梦了!你的舞跳得糟透了。我见过你跳舞,你算了吧!

  Bear: Oh, yeah! Well, you’ll be surprised. I have been practicing.

  熊:是吗?那一会大吃一惊的。我一直在练习。

  Rabbit: Okay. We’ll see about that later.

  兔子:好吧,我们等着瞧。

  Fox: Quiet, ladies and gentlemen! Everybody ready? Let’s start then. Mr. Duck, you go first. Go ahead. Dance!

  狐狸:大家安静!女士们,先生们!大家都准备好了吗?我们开始啦!鸭子先生,你先来。请上台来跳舞!

  Duck: Okay. Let’s go!

  鸭子:好啦,我开始跳啦!

  Mr. Duck dances to the disco. He shakes his bottom from left to right. It looks so funny. All the animals laugh. 鸭子先生跳的是迪斯科。他左右摇摆着屁股。样子看上去滑稽极了。所有的动物都哈哈大笑。

  Rabbit: Look at Mr. Duck! Look at him dance! Oh, my, my…

  兔子:看看鸭子先生!看他跳舞的样子!哦,我的天啊…

  Bear: What is he doing? It is so funny. I can’t help laughing. Ah ha ha.

  熊:他干嘛呢?太好玩了。笑死我了,哈哈哈…

  Fox: Thank you, Mr. Duck. You did well. You may sit down now. Next is Mr. Turtle. Go ahead.

  狐狸:谢谢你,鸭子先生,你跳的很好。现在你可以坐下了。下一位是乌龟先生。请上台。

  The music is played and Mr. Turtle starts to dance. The music is slow just like Mr. Turtle. Mr. Turtle just moves back and forth. 音乐声响起,乌龟先生开始跳舞。音乐的节奏和乌龟先生的动作一样缓慢。乌龟先生只是随着音乐前后摇摆着。

  Rabbit: What is Mr. Turtle doing? It’s too boring. He is no good.

  兔子:乌龟先生在干什么?真无聊。不行,他跳得一点也不好。

  Bear: The music is too slow. It’s no fun.

  熊:音乐的节奏太慢了。一点儿也不好玩。

  Fox: Thank you, Mr. Turtle. You may go in now. Who’s next? Oh yes, Mr. Bear. It’s your turn.

  狐狸:谢谢你,乌龟先生。你可以下来了。下一个是谁?哦,对了,是熊先生。轮到你啦。

  Bear: Thank you, Mr. Fox. I’ll try my best. Music please! One, two, cha, cha, cha. Three, four, cha, cha, cha.

  熊:谢谢你,狐狸先生,我会努力的。放音乐!一、二,恰恰恰。三、四,恰恰恰。

  All of the animals are surprised. Mr. Bear dances the Cha Cha. It seems like Mr. Bear has been practicing a lot.

  所有的动物都很吃惊。熊先生居然会跳恰恰舞。看样子他是有备而来的。

  Fox: Bravo, Mr. Bear! That was great! Next is Miss Rabbit. Give a big hand for Miss Rabbit.

  狐狸:太棒了,熊先生!真是太精彩了!下面有请兔子小姐。让我们为兔子小姐热烈鼓掌。

  Everyone claps their hands. Miss Rabbit starts dancing to a cheery tune. Her dance is very cute.

  动物们都在鼓掌。兔子小姐随着轻快地节奏翩翩起舞。她跳舞的样子非常可爱。

  Fox: Thank you, Miss Rabbit. That was really cute.

  狐狸:谢谢你,兔子小姐。你跳得美极了。

  Bear: You were very good, Miss Rabbit. You’ll win for sure.

  熊:你跳得真好,兔子小姐。你赢定了。

  Rabbit: I don’t think so, Mr. Bear. You were better.

  兔子:我不这么想,熊先生。我觉得还是你跳得好。

  Fox: Our final dancer is Mr. Monkey. Okay. Go ahead.

  狐狸:最后一位参赛选手是猴子先生。好的,请猴子先生上场。

  Mr. Monkey dances to techno music. He is better than Miss Rabbit and Mr. Bear. He is the best dancer. Everyone picks Mr. Monkey. 猴子先生选择的是电子音乐。他的表演比兔子小姐和熊先生还要精彩。他跳得最好。所有的动物都选猴子先生做‘森林之王’。

  Fox: Gather around everyone. A new king is born! Congratulations to Mr. Monkey! You are our NEW KING!

  狐狸:请大家围成一圈,新的‘森林之王’诞生了!恭喜你猴子先生,你就是我们的新国王。

  Monkey: I knew it!!! I am the KING! You must all obey me from now on!

  猴子:我就知道,我是国王!从现在开始你们都要听从我的命令。

  All the animals are shocked at Mr. Monkey’s words.

  猴子的话令所有的动物都感到震惊。

  Rabbit: What’s wrong with him?

  兔子:他怎么了?

  Bear: I don’t know. He must be crazy.

  熊:不知道。我想他一定是疯了。

  The Monkey King starts ordering the other animals around.

  猴子国王开始对周围的动物发号施令。