双语伊索寓言:蚱蜢和蚂蚁The Grasshopper and the Ants

发布时间:2017-08-01 编辑:tyl

  It is summer. The sun is shining brightly. It is very hot. The Grasshopper is lying under the shade and drinking a cold glass of lemonade. The Ants are busy doing something.. 夏天里,阳光普照,天气非常炎热。蚱蜢躺在阴凉处,喝着一杯清凉的柠檬水。蚂蚁正忙着做事。

  Grasshopper: Jeez! What a hot day! I am so hot and thirsty. Mmm.This lemonade is so sweet and cold. I love the summer.

  蚱蜢:天啊!好热的天气啊!我又热又渴的。嗯。。。这柠檬水又甜又清凉。我喜欢夏天。

  Ants: One, two!

  蚂蚁:一、二!

  Anta: Let’s work!

  蚂蚁:我们工作吧!

  Ants: Three, four!

  蚂蚁:三、四!

  Ants: All day!

  蚂蚁:从早到晚!

  Grasshopper: Look at those Ants. What are they doing? Why are they working so hard? It is too hot to work today. They must be crazy.

  蚱蜢:看这些蚂蚁。他们在干什么?他们干嘛这么努力工作呀?今天太热,不适合工作。他们一定是疯了。

  Queen: Come on! Work faster!

  蚁后:加油!快一点! The Ants are busy gathering food. All of the Ants are sweating. 蚂蚁们正在忙着收集食物。所有的蚂蚁都在流汗。

  Grasshopper: Oh, my, my! Look at those silly Worker Ants! They are likes slaves. Look at them sweat! Terrible!

  蚱蜢:哦,我的天啊!看看那些笨工蚁!他们好像奴隶一样。看看他们流汗的样子!真可怕!

  The Queen Ant tells the Worker Ants to work harder.

  蚁后要工蚁们更努力地工作。

  Queen: We don’t have much time. Hurry up! We have to gather more food!

  蚁后:我们没有多少时间了。赶快!我们要收集更多的食物。

  Ants: Yes, ma’am!

  蚂蚁:是的,夫人!

  Grasshopper: Gather food? No time? What does the Queen Ant mean? There is lots of food here. How silly!

  蚱蜢:收集食物?没有时间?那个蚁后是什么意思?这里有那么多食物。笨死了!

  The Grasshopper doesn’t understand why the Ants are working so hard. But, he becomes a little curious. He calls the Queen Ant to talk. 蚱蜢不了解,为什么蚂蚁们要如此努力地工作。可是他觉得很好奇。于是他去找蚁后。

  Grasshopper: Hello there, Queen Ant! Can I ask you a question?

  蚱蜢:嗨,蚁后!我可以问你一个问题吗?

  Queen: What is it? I am very busy.

  蚁后:什么问题?我很忙。

  Grasshopper: It is very hot today. Come under the shade and rest for a while.

  蚱蜢:今天很热。到阴凉处来休息一会吧。

  Queen: I don’t have time to rest. Please ask your question.

  蚁后:我没有时间休息。请问问题吧。

  Grasshopper: Okay. Why are you gathering food?

  蚱蜢:好的,你们为什么要收集食物呢?

  Queen: It will be winter soon. We must be prepared.

  蚁后:冬天快到了。我们必须要有所准备。

  Grasshopper: The winter?! You must be kidding! It is July. Winter is far away. There is lots of food everywhere. Stop working. Come sing and dance with me.

  蚱蜢:冬天?你在开玩笑吧!现在是7月,冬天还早着呢!到处都与一大堆食物。别工作了。跟我一起唱歌跳舞吧!

  Queen: There is no time to sing and play. Winter will come soon, I say. You should also gather some food. Or else, you will starve in the winter.

  蚁后:我没有时间唱歌玩耍。我说冬天快来了,你也应该收集一些食物。否则,在冬天你会饿死的。

  Grasshopper: No, thank you. You keep working. I’ll keeps singing and dancing in the shade.

  蚱蜢:不了,谢谢你。你继续工作。我继续在阴凉处唱歌和跳舞。

  Queen: Do as you please. But don’t come to me for food later.

  蚁后:随便你。不过以后可别来找我要食物。

  Grasshopper: Don’t worry, I won’t. There is lots of food.

  蚱蜢:别担心,我不会的。这里有很多食物。 The Queen Ant and the Worker Ants continue to work. 蚁后和工蚁们继续工作。

  Grasshopper: Poor Ants! They have no fun. I will sing alone.

  蚱蜢:可怜的蚂蚁们!他们没有生活乐趣。我要一个人唱歌。 The Grasshopper sings his favorite song. 蚱蜢唱起来自己最喜欢的歌。

  Grasshopper: “It’s summer. Let’s have some fun. Let’s sing and dance all day long. La, la-la, la, la. La, la-la, la, la What a great song!

  蚱蜢:夏天到,让我们一起玩乐。让我们整天唱歌跳舞。啦、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。真是一首好歌。

  The Grasshopper continues to sing and dance all summer long. He does not gather any food. Soon autumn comes and weather gets colder each day. The fields turn yellow and the leaves fall. The Grasshopper wakes up one autumn morning with a cold. 蚱蜢不停地唱歌和跳舞,整个夏天。他没有收集任何事物。很快秋天来了,而且天气一天比一天变冷了。原野变黄,树叶开始飘落。蚱蜢醒了,那是一个秋天的早晨,他着凉了。