双语伊索寓言:Belling the Cat 替猫戴上铃铛

发布时间:2017-08-01 编辑:tyl

  Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.

  猫咪凯蒂几乎吃光了所有的老鼠。老鼠们都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。

  Kitty: Meow… I got you, little mouse.

  凯蒂:喵呜……我抓住你了,小老鼠。

  Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.

  小乔伊:哦,求求你了,凯蒂!放我走吧。我太小了,不够你吃的。

  Kitty: I don’t mind. I am very hungry right now. (gulp!)

  凯蒂:没关系。我现在太饿了。(一口吞下小老鼠!)

  Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.

  猫咪凯蒂吃掉了可怜的小乔伊。又继续四处寻找其他的老鼠。

  Kitty: That was delicious. But I’m still not full. I need another one. Meow…

  凯蒂:味道真不错。可是我还是没饱,我得再找一只。喵呜……

  Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.

  伦尼和西奥多也是老鼠,他们目睹了这一切。

  Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?

  伦尼:你看到了吗,西奥多?

  Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.

  西奥多:我看到了,伦尼。太可怕了。

  Lenny: Kitty is getting fatter and fatter every day. She is eating more and more.

  伦尼:凯蒂一天比一天胖。她越吃越多。

  Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.

  西奥多:很快她就会把我们都吃光。我们必须采取行动。

  Lenny: You’re right. But what can we do?

  伦尼:你说得对。但是我们该怎么做呢?

  Theodore: Let’s have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.

  西奥多:我们先开个会。告诉所有的老鼠今晚到我家来。

  Lenny: Don’t worry. I’ll tell everyone to come. We’ll all be there.

  伦尼:你放心吧。我去叫所有的人来。我们大家都会到。

  Just then, Kitty smells the two mice and slowly walks towards them.

  正在这时,凯蒂闻到了这两只老鼠的味道,慢慢地向他们走过来。

  Theodore: Quickly, Lenny! Hide! Kitty is coming this way!

  西奥多:快,伦尼!躲起来!凯蒂朝这边走过来了!

  Kitty: Meow… I smell mice. Where are they?

  凯蒂:喵呜……我闻到了老鼠的味道。你们在哪儿?

  This time the two mice are lucky. They get away from Kitty. Late in the evening, all the mice are gathered at Theodore’s house for the meeting. 这回两只老鼠还算幸运,他们逃过了凯蒂的利爪。傍晚,所有的老鼠都聚集到西奥多家,准备开会。

  Theodore: Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming.

  西奥多:各位晚上好。感谢你们的光临。

  Mr. Toby: What’s up, Theo? Why did you call us so late?

  托比先生:怎么了,小西?为什么这么晚叫我们来?

  Lenny: Well, Mr. Toby, today Kitty got little Joe.

  伦尼:哦,托比先生,今天凯蒂吃掉了小乔伊。

  Mr. Toby: Not again! Are you sure?

  托比先生:哦,不!你确定吗?

  Lenny: Yes, Theodore and I saw it together. It was really terrible.

  伦尼:当然,西奥多和我亲眼看到的。真的是太可怕了。

  Theodore: We must stop this now!!!

  西奥多:现在我们必须阻止这种事情的发生!!!

  Lenny: If we don’t, we’ll all be eaten, too.

  伦尼:如果不采取行动,总有一天我们都会被吃掉的。

  Mr. Toby: I agree with you. But what can we do? We are so small and helpless.

  托比先生:我同意你的说法。可是我们能做些什么呢?我们是这么弱小,无助。

  Theodore: That’s why we are here. Together, let’s think of a way.

  西奥多:这就是今天我们来到这里的原因。伙伴们,让我们一起来想个办法吧!

  Mr. Toby: Let’s trap Kitty.

  托比先生:不如我们设个陷阱,抓住凯蒂。

  Mrs. Toby: But dear, Kitty is much bigger than us. How can we trap her?

  托比太太:可是亲爱的,凯蒂的个头比我们大多了。我们怎么设陷阱抓她呢?

  Mr. Toby: I don’t know, dear.

  托比先生:我也不知道,亲爱的。

  The mice keep thinking, but they don’t come up with any good ideas.

  这些老鼠们想啊想,可是怎么也想不出好点子来。

  Theodore: Come on everyone, think harder.

  西奥多:大家加油啊,再努力想想。

  Buster: Well, uh, how about just staying away from Kitty?

  巴斯特:那么,嗯,咱们就离凯蒂远点怎么样?

  Theodore: What do you mean, Buster?

  西奥多:你是什么意思,巴斯特?

  Buster: It’s simple. Just stay inside our mouseholes and don’t come out.

  巴斯特:很简单啊。就是整天躲在我们的鼠洞里不要出来。

  Lenny: Then what do we eat, Buster? We have to go out for food. Or else, we’ll starve to death.

  伦尼:我们吃什么,巴斯特?我们必须出去寻找食物,不然,我们会饿死的。

  Mrs. Toby: My, my, that’s just as terrible. I don’t want to starve.

  托比太太:天啊,天啊,那不是一样可怕。我可不想饿死。

  Mr. Toby: How about just running away? When we see Kitty coming, just run.

  托比先生:我们逃跑怎么样?我们一看到凯蒂走过来,就逃跑。

  Mrs. Toby: Not a bad idea, dear. But what happens when we don’t see Kitty coming?

  托比太太:这主意不错,亲爱的。可是如果我们没有看见凯蒂过来呢?

  Mr. Toby: I didn’t think of that.

  托比先生:这我可没想到。

  Finally, Felix, the brightest mouse at the meeting raises his hand.

  最后,会议中最机灵的老鼠—菲利克斯举起了手。

  Theodore: What is it, Felix? Speak up!

  西奥多:你怎么想的,菲利克斯?快说出来!