双语伊索寓言:Belling the Cat 替猫戴上铃铛

发布时间:2017-08-01 编辑:tyl

  Felix: Well, uh… How about hanging a bell around Kitty’s neck? When we hear the bell, we can run away.

  费利克斯:是这样,嗯……咱们在凯蒂的脖子上挂一个铃铛怎么样?这样我们一听到铃声,就赶快逃跑。

  Theodore: That’s it!!! Why didn’t I think of that?

  西奥多:没错!我怎么就没想到呢?

  Lenny: You are a genius! Hurray for Felix!!!

  伦尼:你真是个天才啊!菲利克斯万岁!

  Mrs. Toby: Good job!!

  托比太太:好样的!

  Mr. Toby: Now we are all saved! Let’s celebrate!

  托比先生:这样我们大家就都可以保住性命了!我们来庆祝一下吧!

  Grandpa Willy: Wait a minute!

  威利爷爷:等一下!

  Theodore: What’s wrong, Grandpa Willy?

  西奥多:怎么了,威利爷爷?

  Grandpa Willy: The idea is wonderful, I agree. But I have just one question.

  威利爷爷:这点子的确很了不起,我同意。但是我还有一个问题。

  Lenny: What’s that, Grandpa Willy?

  伦尼:什么问题,威利爷爷?

  Grandpa Willy: WHO is going to hang the bell around Kitty?

  威利爷爷:谁去给凯蒂挂铃铛呢?

  The whole room suddenly becomes silent. After a while, Mr. Toby opens his mouth.

  房间里一下子变得非常安静。过了一会儿。托比先生开口了

  Mr. Toby: Well, uh… I would like to, but I am too old. So how about you, Buster? You are young and strong.

  托比先生:这样,嗯……我是很想去,可是我太老了。所以,你去怎么样,巴斯特?你又年轻又强壮。

  Buster: No, thank you. I am not that strong. Lenny would be better. He is slim and fast.

  巴斯特:不,谢谢。我可没那么强壮。还是伦尼比较合适。他这么苗条,身手又快。

  Lenny: I am not that fast. How about you, Felix? You are smart. And it was YOUR idea.

  伦尼:我的身手可没那么快!菲利克斯,你去怎么样?你很聪明,而且这是你出的主意。

  Felix: What?! Me?! No, thanks. I don’t want to be eaten. We better think of another plan.

  费利克斯:什么!?我!?不了,谢谢。我可不想被吃掉。那咱们最好还是想想别的办法吧。

  MORAL:A good plan is of no use if it is not carried out.

  寓意:如果无法实施,一个好的计划一点用处也没有。