商务英语活学活用情景练习

时间:2021-02-19 15:42:18 商务英语 我要投稿

商务英语活学活用情景练习

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Be Punctual 准时

商务英语活学活用情景练习

  Steve: You’re late again, Mike. You have been late three times this month.

  史蒂文:你又迟到了,麦克。这个月你已经迟到三次了。

  Mike : I’m really sorry, Steve. The traffic has been bad lately.

  麦克:我真的非常抱歉。最近总是塞车。

  Steve: Do you catch a taxi to work every day?

  史蒂文:你每天上班都是打车吗?

  Mike : Yep. When the traffic is OK, it only takes 20 minutes but when there are traffic jams, it can take 40 or even 50 minutes.

  麦克:对。如果不堵车的话只需花20分钟。但如果堵车的话,可能就要花40甚至50分钟了。

  Steve: Have you thought about alternative transport?

  史蒂文:那你有没有想过使用什么别的交通工具么?

  Mike : What do you mean by ’alternative’?

  麦克:你说的“别的”是指什么?

  Steve: Well, taxi is just one way to get to your destination. What about the bus or subway?

  史蒂文:其实,乘坐出租车只是到达目的地的一种方法。公共汽车或者坐地铁怎么样?

  Mike : I never really thought about it, but I will give it a try.

  麦克:我从来没想过那么做,不过我倒是可以试试。

  Steve: Just try to be punctual, Mike. It’s important.

  史蒂文:麦克,你可要试着尽量准时。这很重要。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Traffic Jams: when the road is so busy that the vehicles do not move

  交通拥堵

  ex:New York, London, Rome and Bangkok are famous for their traffic jams.

  纽约、伦敦、罗马、曼谷等大城市都以交通拥堵著名。

  2) Alternative: different, another option or choice

  可选择的,可替代的

  ex:There are no alternatives to coffee and chocolate - nothing can replace them in my life.

  没有任何东西可以替代咖啡和巧克力在我生活中的位置。

  3) Destination: the place you want to go, target or goal

  目的地,目标

  ex:Disney Land is a common destination for tourists visiting the USA.

  迪斯尼乐园是很多游客到美国旅游的目的地。

  4) Subway: trains that run underground

  地铁

  ex:In New York it’s called the ’Subway’, in London it’s called the ’Tube’ and in Paris it’s ’Le Metro’.

  在纽约,地铁被称为“Subway"; 在伦敦,人们叫它“Tube”;而在巴黎则称“Le Metro”。

  5) Punctual: on time

  准时

  ex:If you ask a girl out on a date, it is very important to be punctual.

  如果你与一个女孩子出来约会,准时是非常重要的。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Whenever you start a new job, one of the key things to ask is what time you start and what time you finish. Most company’s business hours are 9AM to 5PM but some workers start at 8.30AM and finish at 6PM.

  在你开始一个新工作的时候,问清楚你的工作时间是非常重要的。 绝大多数公司的办公时间是从早上9点到下午5点,但也有些公司从早上8:30开始上班,有些要到晚上6:00才下班。

  Some companies ask their staff to do shift-work. Shift-work means that you could start very early in the morning but finish earlier or start late in the night and then have all day to sleep.

  有些公司实行轮班工作制,所谓轮班工作制是指:你可以早点到公司,早走;或是晚到公司晚走。

  Whatever the time it is good advice to get there a little early but not to leave early. If you are always early and stay late the boss will notice and may promote you.

  无论如何,早一点到公司是好的,但不要提前离开。如果你总是早到晚走的话,老板会注意到你的,说不定还会给你升职的机会。

  Managers don’t mind if you are late occasionally, but they will not be happy if you are late every day. Remember it’s your responsibility to get to work on time.

  如果你偶尔迟到的话,经理一般不会说些什么,但如果你每天都迟到的话他可就要不高兴了。要记住:每天准时上班也是你工作职责的一部分。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : Can you tell me the time please, Sally?

  贝丝:萨丽,你能告诉我现在几点了么?

  Sally: Sure, it’s 8.55AM. Why do you ask?

  萨丽:没问题,现在是上午8:55。为什么问这个?

  Beth : I missed the subway this morning and I thought I would be late.

  贝丝:今天早上我没赶上地铁,所以我想我可能要晚了。

  Sally: You’re not late. In fact, you are a little early.

  萨丽:你没晚,实际上你还早到了呢!

  Beth : You know I ran all the way from the subway station to the office and now I am exhausted.

  贝丝:你知道么,我可是一路从地铁站跑到公司来的,现在都累得不行了。

  Sally: Beth, you are always early or on time, so being a little late one day isn’t a big deal.

  萨丽:贝丝,你每天都按时上班,甚至提前到达办公室,所以有一天晚一点儿的话真的算不了什么。

  Beth : Thanks for noticing that I always try to be on time.

  贝丝:真高兴你能注意到我总保持上班准时,谢谢你。

  Sally: That’s OK - I think you are a very good worker and always try your best.

  萨丽:没什么。我一直认为你是一名好员工,而且一直努力工作。

  Beth : Good to hear. I hope that I can get a big pay raise this year then?

  贝丝:能听到这些我真高兴。希望今年我的薪水能涨一些呢。

  Sally: Let me think about that one Beth.

  萨丽:让我考虑考虑,贝丝。

  商务英语活学活用 Computer 公司电脑(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Computer 公司电脑

  Eric: Good morning Sabrina. How are you today?

  埃里克:早上好塞布丽娜,今天好吗?

  Sabrina: I'm fine but my computer is on the fritz again.

  塞布丽娜:我很好,可我的电脑又坏了。

  Eric: Oh - I thought that the help desk had fixed that yesterday?

  埃里克:噢,我以为维修人员昨天已经把它修好了。

  Sabrina: Yeah so did I. They told me that it was fixed but now it has a new bug.

  塞布丽娜:我也这么想。他们告诉我修好了,可现在又出新问题了。

  Eric: Maybe it's a case of GIGO?

  埃里克:可能是GIGO的问题?

  Sabrina: What is GIGO?

  塞布丽娜:什么是GIGO?

  Eric: I can tell you what GIGO means and some more computer English while we wait for the IT staff to fix your computer?

  埃里克:等待IT人员给你修电脑的时候我会告诉你GIGO的意思和一些其他的电脑英语。

  Sabrina: Anything to take my mind off this problem Eric!

  塞布丽娜:只要让我忘了这件事就好,埃里克!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Fritz: slang word for something that is broken or not working properlyFritz: 描述某物坏掉了或出现故障时的不正式说法

  ex:My alarm clock is on the fritz and that is why I am late to work again.

  我的闹钟坏了,所以我上班又迟到了。

  2) Help Desk: a department in a company that can help you with any computer or printing problems公司里专门帮助解决电脑或打印问题的部门

  ex:The help desk staff in our company are always stressed out because the computers are old.

  我们公司的电脑维修人员工作压力一直很大,因为电脑太旧了。

  3) Bug: a problem with a computer or computer software

  电脑或电脑软件出现的问题

  ex:After we tested the new software, we found so many bugs that had to be fixed.

  测试完新软件后,我们发现有太多问题需要解决。

  4) GIGO: Garbage In, Garbage Out. This is an old saying in computer programming. Computers can only do what you tell them and if you tell them the wrong thing, they will do the wrong thing.

  无用输入,无用输出:电脑编程中的习惯说法。电脑只会按你的指示操作,如果你的指示是错的,它们就会按错误指示去做。

  ex:The help desk told me that my computer was working fine and the problem was caused by GIGO!

  电脑维修人员说我的电脑运作正常,问题是由GIGO引起的。

  5) Policies: rules that people should follow

  人们应当遵守的规则

  ex:My company has a casual Friday dress policy so everyone wears relaxed clothing such as jeans and tee-shirts then.

  我们公司规定星期五穿便装,所以到时每个人都穿休闲服装,比如牛仔服和T恤衫。

  6) Virus: nasty software that can destroy or your computer's files

  病毒,能毁掉或删除你的电脑文档的破坏性软件

  My computer got a virus from the Internet because I did not use the virus scanner carefully.

  我的电脑从网上染上了病毒,因为我没好好用查毒软件。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  The personal computer is one of the greatest tools ever invented by man and almost everyone in a company these days will need to be able to use one to do their job properly. Because computers are so important and expensive, most companies have policies about their use.

  个人电脑是人类发明的最伟大的工具之一。现在几乎公司的每个员工都需要能用电脑正确工作。由于电脑很重要且贵重,大多数公司对于电脑的使用都做了规定。

  Most companies are very careful about viruses these days. If you use floppy discs from others, you should always use a virus scanner before you put the disc in your computer.

  现在多数公司对病毒都很小心。如果你用的是别人的软盘,将软盘插入电脑前应该用查毒软件检查一下。

  If the company gives you a password for your computer, you should not write it down on a piece of paper. Try to remember it instead.

  如果公司给你电脑密码,不要把它写在纸上,试着将密码记住。

  If you can choose you own password, don't choose something that others could guess easily such as your name or birth date. Try to remember to change your password every month.

  如可以自己选择密码,不要设置别人容易猜到的密码,例如你的名字或生日。试着记得每月更换一次密码。

  Although MP3's and on-line chat are lots of fun, most companies don't like you use them at work during work time. Not only are you not working efficiently if you are chatting on-line but MP3s can make the Internet really slow for everyone else.

  虽然MP3和网上聊天乐趣无穷,可大多数公司不喜欢你在工作时间使用它们。网上聊天不仅会使你的工作效率降低,而且MP3还会使其他人的上网速度变得很慢。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Linda : It seems that your computer is fixed now?

  琳达:你的电脑好像修好了?

  George: The guys from the help desk fixed it straight away.

  乔治:维修部的人很快就把它弄好了。

  Linda : Did they tell you what they found wrong with it?

  琳达:他们有没有告诉你是什么问题?

  George: They found a virus but I don't know how it got on my computer. I always used a virus scanner.

  乔治:他们发现了病毒,可我不知道病毒是怎么跑到我的电脑上的。我一直在用查毒软件。

  Linda : Maybe you caught the virus from the Internet.

  琳达:你可能是在网上染上的病毒。

  George: No, our company has a strict policy about the Internet and I always follow it carefully.

  乔治:不会,我们公司对上网要求很严格,我一直都是小心遵守的。

  Linda : Well, as long as was fixed, that's the main thing right?

  琳达:只要修好了就行,这才是最重要的,对不对?

  George: Absolutely. What did we do before computers were invented - I get so stressed when mine is on the fritz.

  乔治:没错。电脑发明之前我们做什么——电脑一坏我感到压力很大。

  Linda : Right. I just wish that computers could make learning English easier!

  琳达:是这样。我只希望电脑能让学英语更容易一些。

  George: Practice Linda, practice.

  乔治:多练习,琳达,多练习。

  Linda : See you later George.

  琳达:再见,乔治。

  商务英语活学活用 商业方案(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Business Plan 商业方案

  Steve: Mike, what do you know about writing a business plan?

  斯蒂夫:麦克,你知道怎么写商业计划吗?

  Mike: Plenty. What type of plan are you writing?

  麦克:很熟,你要写什么样的计划?

  Steve: Well, I have this great new idea that I think will make a motza.

  斯蒂夫:我有个很好的方案,我想可以赚大钱。

  Mike: Want to let me in on the secret?

  麦克:能向我透露透露吗?

  Steve: Not yet my friend but I would like your help in writing the business plan.

  斯蒂夫:还不行,朋友,可我想让你帮我写这个商业计划。

  Mike: Well, the main things you should include are an outline of your idea, your market research and your budgets.

  麦克:你主要应该介绍的是你方案的大纲、你的市场调查和你预算。

  Steve: Oh, I didn’t realize that it would be so much work. Is there a quick way instead?

  斯蒂夫:噢,我没想到要做这么多工作。有没有快一点儿的方法。

  Mike: If you ask someone to invest in your business, they will want all of that type of information.

  麦克:如果你想要别人投资你的生意,他们会要所有的这类信息。

  Steve: I’ve heard a lot about IPO’s recently. They seem like an easy way to get rich.

  斯蒂夫:最近我听说过很多关于IPO(Initial Public Offering上市股)的事。看起来这是一条发财的捷径。

  Mike: Steve you really have a lot to learn about business. I would be happy to help, but I want a percentage of your profits.

  麦克:斯蒂夫,关于生意你要学的还多着呢。我很愿意帮你,可我要利润的提成。

  Steve: No wonder people call you ’Mr Ten Percent’. Teach on buddy.

  斯蒂夫:怪不得人们叫你“百分之十先生”。继续教吧,伙计。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Business Plan: a formal document containing the main ideas about a business project, sometimes called a Business Proposal

  商业计划,一份正式的文件,包括关于商业项目的主要构想,有时也叫做商业提案

  ex:The general manager of our company has asked me to write a business plan that we can show the bank.

  我们公司的总经理要我写一份向银行出示的商业计划。

  2) Motza: a large amount of money

  一大笔钱

  ex:My best friend won a motza in the China Sports Lottery.

  我最好的朋友买中国运动奖卷中了很多钱。

  3) Secret: something that you cannot tell anyone else

  秘密,不能告诉别人的事

  ex:I will tell you my new boyfriend’s name, but it’s a secret so you can’t tell anyone - even your best friend!

  我会告诉你我新男友的名字,可这是秘密,你不能告诉别人,连你最好的朋友也不行。

  4) Market Research: analyzing consumer behavior and then writing a report on it

  市场调查,分析顾客行为然后写一份相关的报告

  ex:Market research helps you understand what your customers want and how much they will pay.

  市场调查能帮你了解用户的需求以及他们的消费标准。

  5) Budget: a report of how much money came in and went out of a company

  预算,关于公司收入支出的报告

  ex:Accountants are always busy at the end of each month because they have to finish the budgets for the managers.

  会计人员在月底的时候都很忙,因为他们必须为经理们做好预算。

  6) IPO: Initial Public Offering

  上市股

  ex:Showing your business plans to investors and asking them to put money into your company.

  向投资商提供你的商业计划,要他们投资你的公司。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Every year many people think of new business ideas that they hope will make them millionaires (or even billionaires). Most new ideas though, even some great ones, can take years to develop. Be ready to work hard and stick to your plan.

  每年都有很多人构思新的商业方案,希望因此而成为百万富翁(或亿万富翁)。大多数新的方案,即便是一些很出色的方案,也需要开发多年。做好吃苦的准备,别放弃你的计划。

  Before you tell too many people your great new idea that will set the world on fire, it’s best to write it in as much detail as possible. This will reduce the risk of someone stealing your idea!

  在向众人宣布你震惊世界的伟大新方案之前,最好尽可能详细地将计划写下来。这样可以防止别人窃取你的构思。

  Always get advice from a lawyer and accountant. A good lawyer can show you how to protect your ideas and the accountant can help to get the financing you will need.

  不断征求律师和会计的建议。好的律师会告诉你怎样保护自己的方案,而会计会帮你筹集到需要的资金。

  Most new businesses require money to get them started. Remember that when a person invests money in your ideas, they will usually want some control over how the money is spent. You may have to be more flexible if you have an investment partner.

  多数新生意开始时都需要资金。记住有人向你的新方案投资时,他们通常想控制资金的使用。如果你有投资伙伴的话,你可能得更灵活一些。

  Success is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. It’s tough to get to the top and tougher to stay there. Nothing beats hard work.

  成功的商业人士会告诉你掌握资金使用情况是最重要的,尤其是新生意开始的前几年。找一个会计帮你做一个运作预算,然后照着做。 成功是百分之一的灵感和百分之九十九的汗水。攀到高峰很难,保持不败更难。辛勤的工作是成功的保障。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : Sally, did you get a change to look over the budgets that I gave you?

  贝丝:莎丽,你看过我给你的预算了吗?

  Sally: Sure did, Beth. They looked OK but I thought they needed more detail.

  莎丽:看过,贝丝。看起来不错,不过我觉得还需要更详细一些。

  Beth : OK. What ideas did you have?

  贝丝:没问题,你有什么建议吗?

  Sally: Well, you should have put details of your market research spending and the interest you will have to pay on the bank loan.

  莎丽:你应该在市场调查费用和银行贷款利息方面更详细一些。

  Beth : Great thinking, Sally. I forgot those important items.

  贝丝:好建议,莎丽。我忘了那些重要的项目了。

  Sally: Don’t worry - there is so much to remember when you write a business proposal.

  莎丽:别担心。写商务计划的时候要想到的东西太多了。

  Beth : I didn’t imagine that having an idea for a new business would be such hard work!

  贝丝:我没想到做一个新商业方案这么难。

  Sally: I know but the rewards make it worthwhile!

  莎丽:我了解,可得到的回报也很值。

  Beth : Do you think the budgets are ready for me to take to investors for them to see?

  贝丝:你觉得这份预算可以拿给投资商看了吗?

  Sally: As your accountant I think that they are ready and that investors will be excited when they see them.

  莎丽:作为你的会计,我认为可以了,投资商看到会很兴奋。

  Beth : Thanks for all your assistance, Sally.

  贝丝:谢谢你给我的所有帮助莎丽。

  Sally: Just don’t forget me when you make your first million!

  莎丽:挣到第一个一百万时别忘了我。

  商务英语活学活用 劳务合同(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Sign a contract 劳务合同

  Steve: What’s new Mike?

  史蒂夫:有什么新鲜事么?麦克。

  Mike : Nothing really. Work is really getting me down though.

  麦克:没什么。但我的工作任务一直把我压得喘不过气来。

  Steve: Cheer up buddy. It couldn’t be that bad.

  史蒂夫:振作起来,兄弟。事情不会那么糟。

  Mike : It is. I have my annual performance review coming up this week.

  麦克:确是这样。我这周得完成一份公司年度业绩表现的报告。

  Steve: Well, that doesn’t sound like a disaster. Have you been putting in lately?

  史蒂夫:听起来不象是大难临头嘛。那你最近已经开始写了吗?

  Mike : You’d better believe it. I have been working from 7AM to 7PM every day.

  麦克:你信么?我每天要从早上7点一直工作到晚上7点。

  Steve: I am sure that the management will notice then.

  史蒂夫:我相信公司的管理层一定注意到的。

  Mike : Maybe not. My new boss really doesn’t like me at all.

  麦克:也许没有。我的新老板根本就不喜欢我。

  Steve: Look on the bright side - if it goes well, you will get a pay rise and then you can buy me dinner!

  史蒂夫:凡事要看到好的一面。如果做的好,说不定还会给你涨工资呢,那你就可以请我吃饭了!

  Mike : Thanks for being so optimistic, Steve. You’re a good friend indeed.

  麦克:谢谢你这么乐观。史蒂夫,你真是我的好朋友。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Getting me down: sad, upset or depressed about something

  感到受挫折,难过,悲伤

  ex:The cold weather in London really gets me down - I prefer the sunshine and the beach.

  伦敦的天气很冷,这让我感到很难受。我喜欢阳光和海滩。

  2) Annual: once each year

  年度的

  ex:The Spring Festival and New Year are annual holidays.

  春节和新年都是年度假期。

  3) Performance review: a time when a company checks the work and progress of their staff

  业绩表现评估

  ex:My manager gave me a new position after my annual performance review because he was so happy with my progress!

  看完我的年度表现评估后,我的主管给了我一个新职位,因为他对我的进步感到非常高兴!

  4) Putting in: working very hard

  工作非常努力

  ex:I have an English exam next week, so I have been putting in the study.

  我下周有一个英文考试,因此我必须要进入学习状态,全力以赴。

  5) Pay rise: an increase in your salary or wage

  涨工资

  ex:My company gave me a 10% pay rise after we successfully signed a big contract.

  在我们成功地签了一笔大合同之后,公司给我涨了10%的工资。

  6) Optimistic: positive, seeing the good things not the bad

  乐观,积极

  ex:It helps to be optimistic if you work in sales or marketing.

  如果你在销售部或市场部门工作的`话,保持乐观对你的工作会有帮助。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Before you start working in most foreign companies, they will ask you to sign a contract. If it is a foreign company, the contract will be in English and will have many western terms and conditions.

  大多数的外企公司都会在要你工作之前先跟你签一份合同。如果是外国公司的话,合同还会是英文的,并且会有很多西方条款。

  The contract will have all of your employment conditions such as what your job will be, your working hours and the amount you will be paid.

  这份工作合同包含你的雇用情况的所有条款,例如,你的工作是什么、工作时间是多少,以及你的报酬等。

  The contract will also say how much notice you should give the company if you want to resign or leave and how much notice they will give you if you are fired.

  合同中还规定,如果你要想辞职离开公司话,你要提供什么样的通知;如果公司想把你辞掉的话,又该如何通知你。

  It is very important to read and understand the contract fully before you sign it. If you don’t understand anything, you should ask someone to explain it carefully to you.

  在签合同之前,认真全部读懂合同是很重要的。如果你有不明白的地方一定要仔细问清楚,让他们给你详细的解释。

  Once you have signed the contract, ask for a photocopy and keep it somewhere safe.

  你一旦签了合同,要留一份副本,并把它妥善保存起来。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : Hi! My name is Beth. You must be Sally?

  贝丝:嗨,我叫贝丝,你一定是莎丽吧?

  Sally: Yes I am. This is my first day at this company so I feel a little nervous.

  莎丽:对,我就是。今天是我第一天到公司来上班,所以我有点儿紧张。

  Beth : Well, let me welcome you and show you around.

  贝丝:那就让我来欢迎你,再带你在公司里四处走走吧。

  Sally: That would be great.

  莎丽:太好了!

  Beth : Have the Human Resources department given you your employment contract yet?

  贝丝:人力资源部已经把你要签的雇用合同给你了吗?

  Sally: Yes, but I have a few questions about it. Who is the best person to ask for advice?

  莎丽:是的,但我对合同还有些问题,我最好听听谁的建议呢?

  Beth : I can show you the way to the right department. Just follow me.

  贝丝:我可以告诉你该去哪个部门。跟我来。

  Sally: Thanks. You are very helpful. I can see that we will get along really well.

  莎丽:谢谢你。你真是太帮忙了。我觉得我们一定能相处得很好的。

  Beth : No problem. I remember how nervous I was on my first day here.

  贝丝:没事。我还记得我第一天来公司上班时心里有多紧张。

  Sally: Maybe we can go out for a coffee at lunch time so you can tell me all about this company?

  莎丽:也许我们午饭时间可以出去喝杯咖啡?这样你能给我讲讲这家公司的情况。

  Beth : Great idea. See you later then.

  贝丝:好主意,我们到时候见!

  商务英语活学活用 Teamwork 团队合作(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Teamwork 团队合作

  Steve: Mike! You are just the person I wanted to see.

  史蒂夫:迈克!我正想找你。

  Mike : What’s up, Steve?

  迈克:怎么了史蒂夫?

  Steve: I was hoping that you could lend me a hand for a while.

  史蒂夫:我想让你帮我点儿忙。(lend me a hand字面意思为:借我一只手)

  Mike : A hand? Why do you want my hand?

  迈克:手?你为什么要我的手?

  Steve: I don’t want your hand! I want you to help me.

  史蒂夫:我不是想要你的手!我想要你帮忙。

  Mike : Sure thing. You know that I am always happy to help with teamwork.

  迈克:没问题。你知道我总是很愿意跟大家合作。

  Steve: I know Mike and that’s why I asked you. Can we get brainstorm in one of the spare offices?

  史蒂夫:我知道迈克,所以才请你帮忙。我们能不能在哪间空办公室里讨论一下。

  Mike : Walk this way and we can begin.

  迈克:往这边走,我们现在就可以开始。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Lend me a hand: help me to do something

  帮我个忙

  ex:I always lend my mother a hand when she is cooking for the family.

  妈妈为全家做饭的时候我总是帮上一把。

  2) Teamwork: two or more people co-operating to get something done

  两个或更多的人合作完成某项工作

  ex:Good teamwork means that you can get more done during work time.

  良好的团队精神意味着高度的工作效率。

  3) Brainstorm: two or more people discussing different ideas

  两个或更多的人讨论不同的观点

  ex:If we brainstorm about a problem, we can get many different new ideas and find a solution.

  如果我们对一个问题进行讨论就会得到很多不同的新观点从而找到一个解决方案。

  4) Skill: the thing that you do best

  技能、特长

  ex:Michael Jordan’s skill is definitely basketball and not baseball!

  迈克尔·乔丹擅长的当然是篮球而不是棒球!

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Teamwork is a very important skill to have and be able to use in a modern working environment. Effective teamwork will make any company more efficient and profitable.

  在现代的工作环境中具有团队工作精神是非常重要的。有效的团队工作可以提高工作效率使公司获得更多利润。

  Each person has his or her own special skills. When you are selecting a team, it’s best to get people with different skills so that you can get as many different views as possible to find the best solution.

  每个人都有自己的特长。最好将不同才能的人选在一个团队里,这样就可以尽可能多地得到不同的意见从而找到一个最佳的解决方案。

  When you are working on a team project, you should not be afraid or embarrassed to offer your opinion of ideas. The group will benefit from your ideas even if it doesn’t use them directly.

  大家合作一个项目时,不要羞于提出自己的观点。尽管你的观点可能不被采用,整个团队也能从中受益。

  Teamwork does not mean that one person does all the work themselves and then the group takes the credit. Everyone in the team should do an equal share of the work.

  团队工作不是指一个人承担所有的工作而由大家来居功。团队中的每名成员应该共同分担一项工作。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : Do you prefer teamwork or working individually?

  贝斯:你喜欢团队工作还是单独工作?

  Sally: Actually I prefer working on my own, but I understand the benefits of teamwork.

  莎莉:说实话我喜欢单独工作,可我知道团队工作的好处。

  Beth : Why don't you like teamwork Sally?

  贝斯:你为什么不喜欢团队工作,莎莉?

  Sally: Sometimes people are lazy when they work in teams and do nothing!

  莎莉:有的时候一起工作让人变得很懒,什么都不干。

  Beth : That's not a good team then. Everyone should do equal work and take equal credit.

  贝斯:那可不是好的团队。每个人都应该付出辛苦然后共同分享成果。

  Sally: What are the main benefits of teamwork?

  莎莉:团队工作最大的好处是什么?

  Beth: If you work as a team, you can hear ideas and solutions that you would never have thought about by yourself.

  贝斯:大家合作的时候你会听到一些你自己从不会想到的观点和方案。

  Sally : So teamwork has some major benefits then?

  莎莉:这么说团队工作还是有一些益处的。

  Beth: Right! Just like when we study English as a team!

  贝斯:说得对!就像我们一起学英语一样!

  商务英语活学活用 New Technology(1)

  Ⅰ.核心学习:New Technology 新技术

  Steve: Sorry Mike, I have to run.

  史蒂夫:对不起迈克,我得赶快走。

  Mike : Why all the hustle Steve?

  迈克:为什么这么急史蒂夫?

  Steve: I just got an urgent email that I have to deal with ASAP.

  史蒂夫:我刚收到一个紧急的电子邮件,我得尽快去处理。

  Mike : Hang on one moment! I don’t see your computer. How can you get email?

  迈克:等一会儿!我没看见你的电脑。你怎么能收到电子邮件?

  Steve: I can check my email using my mobile phone?

  史蒂夫:我可以用我的手机查看电子邮件。

  Mike : Don’t make me laugh! It’s impossible to check you email using a mobile phone.

  迈克:别逗我笑了!用手机查电子邮件根本是不可能的。

  Steve: I see that you don’t keep up with the latest gadgets my friend. I can check my email and surf the Internet using my mobile phone!

  史蒂夫:我看你对最新的技术根本不了解朋友。我可以用手机查电子邮件还能上网。

  Mike : Teach me how to please.

  迈克:教教我吧。

  Steve: OK, but lunch is on you!

  史蒂夫:好吧,午餐你请!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Hustle: hurry, move quickly急忙、赶紧

  ex:My boss says I need to hustle when he gives me a deadline.

  老板说他给我最后期限的时候我得赶快行动。

  2) Urgent: something important or that has to be done quickly很重要或必须很快完成的事情

  ex:My girlfriend always tells me that fashion shopping is the most urgent thing in life.

  我的女友总是对我说生命中重要的事是购买时装。

  3) ASAP: short form of "As Soon As Possible"

  尽快

  ex:If I have to do something ASAP, I really have to hustle to get it finished.

  如果我必须尽快去做某事,意味着必须尽快把它完成。

  4) WAP: short for Wireless Application Protocol

  无线应用协议的缩写

  ex:With WAP on your mobile phone, you can surf the Internet and check your email.

  在手机上安装WAP你就能上网和查邮件。

  5) Gadgets: new technology devices, high-tech toys

  新的技术设备、高科技玩具

  ex:My father loves new gadgets and spends hours in the stores checking them out.

  我爸爸喜欢新兴的电子玩意儿,常花上几个小时在商店里研究它们。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Technology always changes to bring us things to make life faster and easier. WAP is new technology for your mobile phone. With a WAP phone you can check your email and visit your favorite Internet sites using your mobile phone. If you use WAP for your email or surfing the Internet, the call charges are usually higher than a normal phone call. Email can be hard to read on your mobile phone because the screen is so small and your favorite websites will not have any pictures - just the words.

  技术的不断更新带来很多新事物让我们的生活节奏变得更快更方便。WAP是为手机设计的新技术。手机上装了WAP就可以查电子邮件和访问你最喜欢的网站。如果你用WAP接发电子邮件和上网,你的手机费用通常要比普通的手机费要高。在手机上读电子邮件很困难因为屏幕太小,而且你也看不到你喜欢的网站的画面,只能读到文字。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : I love technology and all of the advances that it brings.

  贝斯:我喜欢新技术以及它带给我们的所有进步。

  Sally: Me too. I can get more done in less time these days with all of the new gadgets.

  莎莉:我也是,在所有的新技术帮助下现在我花很少的时间可以做更多的事。

  Beth : It’s so cool that we can even check our email on our mobile phones these days!

  贝斯:我们现在甚至可以在手机上查看电子邮件,这真是太酷了!

  Sally: Yeah, but it has one problem - my boss can always contact me!

  莎莉:没错,不过有个问题,我的老板总是能跟我联系上。

  Beth : Yeah I know - sometimes my boss will send me an urgent email late at night.

  贝斯:我知道,有的时候我的老板会夜间很晚给我发电子邮件。

  Sally: Does he expect you to do everything ASAP?

  莎莉:他要你把所有的事都尽快完成吗?

  Sally: Yep - you guessed it.

  贝斯:没错,被你说中了。

  Beth : There is a very simple way to fix this problem Sally.

  莎莉:对付这个问题有个很简单的方法,莎莉。

  Sally: Just turn the phone off, right?

  贝斯:把手机关掉,对吗?

  Beth : Correct!

  莎莉:正确!

【商务英语活学活用情景练习】相关文章:

商务英语情景对话练习12-08

商务英语情景会话中级练习03-14

商务英语活学活用分析11-26

商务英语初级情景练习:职业转变03-14

关于商务英语情景对话的练习例文下订单03-16

关于BEC商务英语活学活用词汇09-03

商务英语情景对话:退货03-03

精选商务英语情景口语场景09-11

商务英语情景对话:机场接机03-10